The Best Online Casino Sites in Canada, Handpicked by Us
||Tsars Casino Read Review||$3,000 + 200 Free Spins||To the Casino|
||Bethard Read Review||100% Bonus up to $200 plus up to 250 Free Spins||To the Casino|
||Betway Read Review||100% Match bonus up to $250||To the Casino|
||Casumo Casino Canada Read Review||100% match deposit up to CA$300 + 20 free spins||To the Casino|
||ComeOn Casino Read Review||100% up to $1,500||To the Casino|
||Wildz Casino Read Review||20 No deposit free spins | 100% Match up to $500 + 200 free spins||To the Casino|
What You Will Find on CanadaCasinos
If you’re keen to get playing, and you know your way around the sign-up process, you can get started right away at the very best top online casinos in Canada.
Our extensive research has revealed that these casinos are the crème de la crème in the industry. You can stop spending your time and take advantage of these awesome offers right now.
You’ll find detailed information about how we find, test, and evaluate safe Canadian gambling sites on this page.
Casino Online: Game Guides, Reviews and Bonuses
Our mission is to maintain an up-to-date directory of the most reliable online casinos that offer the best bonuses and wagering conditions. We also provide tools to optimise your online gaming experience.
Why do we want you to make the most of the resources on this site?
At CanadaCasinos.Live, we are fanatical about online gaming. We live and breathe the latest developments in online slots, live casinos, bonus structures, casino innovations, and online gambling technology.
We channel all our passion into this site – and nothing would make us happier than for its contents to be useful to you. Our expertise is in the Canadian iGaming industry. Even so, we’re sure that you’ll find a few golden nuggets scattered across this site no matter where you are playing from.
Online Casino Game Guides
Games are the backbone of online gaming. Our game guides cover well-known, classic casino games as well as new and exciting game innovations.
Whether you’re a skilled card player looking for betting strategies, a live casino enthusiast, or a tech junkie who likes to keep abreast of new video slot mechanics, you’ll find valuable, fresh content at CanadaCasinos.Live.
- Slots | Classic slots, 3-reel slots, 5-reel slots, video slots, 3D slots, progressive slots, Megaways, cluster pays, and Jackpot slots.
- Roulette | American roulette, European roulette, French roulette, live roulette, and electronic roulette.
- Table Games | Sic Bo, Craps, Poker, Blackjack, Baccarat, Teen Patti, Dragon Tiger, and loads of other card and dice games.
- Live Casinos | Live game shows, table games, cards, poker, tournaments, bingo, roulette, live slots, and money wheel games.
- Betting | Sports betting, virtual sports, Esports, League betting, and betting markets.
- Instant Wins | Scratch cards and lotteries.
When online gambling was in its infancy, casinos had to recruit in-house development teams to create their games. The result was a slow release of games that made up limited game portfolios at online casinos.
Fortunately, game developers began forming software development enterprises. With the most creative and technologically equipped minds working together to produce new games the process is speeded up significantly.
Today, hundreds of new casino games are released every month. Even avid gamers struggle to keep up with the latest slot mechanics, new live casino trends, and table game variations.
At CanadaCasinos.Live, we keep pace with current developments from the most popular software providers creating games for the Canadian online casino market. We love slots, roulette, live casinos, and big jackpots. It’s no surprise that Canada’s favourite software providers and games include:
- Play’n GO – Book of Dead, Legacy of Dead, Fire Joker, Reactoonz, and Rise of Olympus.
- NetEnt – Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Twin Spin, Fruit Shop Megaways, Divine Fortune, and Dead or Alive II.
- Pragmatic Play – Wolf Gold, Sweet Bonanza, John Hunter and the Book of Tut, The Dog House, and Buffalo King Megaways.
- Red Tiger – Gonzo’s Quest Megaways, 10,001 Nights, Piggy Riches, Megaways, 777 Strike, and Reptizillions Power Reels.
- Evolution Gaming – Live dealer games: Lightning Roulette, Crazy Time, Monopoly Live, Lightning Dice, Immersive Roulette, Speed Baccarat, Blackjack, and Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt.
In Canada, we’re lucky to have access to games from worldwide award-winning providers. Our list of favourite providers goes on for days. Noteworthy mentions include Microgaming, Quickspin, Reel Kingdom, Spinomenal, Booming Games, BetSoft, Nolimit City, True Lab, and RealTime Gaming.
Canadian Casino Reviews
Our reviews provide in-depth insights into online casinos and payment methods. We don’t browse casino sites or read up about payment methods. We test them extensively to understand the advantages and drawbacks of every casino and payment method that we review.
You’ll find our ’10-Step Casino Evaluation Process’ further down. Suffice it to say that if an online casino ranks on our toplist, we’re pretty sure that you won’t experience better iGaming anywhere else.
Casino Bonuses in Canada
It’s important to understand how different bonuses work at online casinos so that you can take full advantage of them and maximise your winning potential. We go into great detail on each type of bonus in our bonus guides.
We’ll give a quick overview of the most popular bonuses you’ll run into at online casinos below. The main thing to consider, when you claim a bonus, is the wagering requirement. The lower the wagering requirement on a bonus, the fewer times you’ll have to play the bonus through before you can withdraw your winnings.
Wagering requirements are usually stated quite plainly, making them easy to understand.
For instance, a wagering requirement of 50x means that you will have to play the bonus through 50 times before you can cash out your winnings.
Similarly, a bonus with a wagering requirement of 20x will have to be played through 20 times before any winnings can be withdrawn. If the bonus is $10 and you have to play it through 20 times, it means that you will have to place bets to the value of $200 using the $10 bonus (20 x 10 = 200).
Achieving the wagering requirement is easy enough if you strike a decent win, or if you’re playing a slot game that’s paying out regular smaller amounts. It becomes trickier if you find yourself playing a game that isn’t paying out anything at all. That’s why lower wagering requirements are better.
Here are some common types of bonuses:
- Welcome Bonus | A bonus awarded to players for signing up at an online casino. This type of bonus is only available to players that are 100% new at the online casino. New players usually have a limited time to claim the welcome bonus after registering an account.
- No Deposit Bonus | A free bonus that you can use to play the games at the casino. You don’t need to deposit to have the bonus added to your casino balance.
- Deposit Bonus | A bonus that is awarded when a deposit is made at the casino. Deposit bonuses are usually advertised as percentage match offers, but they may also be promoted as a nominal value. A 100% match deposit bonus means that the online casino will match your deposit by 100%. If you deposit $100, the casino will add a bonus of $100 to your account. Your total balance will be $200. Always check to see if there is a cap on the maximum value of a deposit bonus. If a deposit bonus is advertised as “100% match up to $50,” then you may want to reconsider depositing $100 because the bonus is capped at $50. Whether you deposit $50, $80, or $300, you will still receive a bonus of $50.
- Reload Bonus | This is the same as a deposit bonus but it is usually a multi-level deposit bonus. You will receive bonuses on more than one deposit. In other words, you may be awarded a bonus on your first, second, and third deposits.
- Cashback Bonus | A cashback bonus is a bonus that an online casino will give you once you have deposited and played out your balance. The bonus is usually stated as a percentage. If you claim a 75% cashback bonus and deposit $100 at the casino, the casino will refund you $75 once you have played out your deposit. Some online casinos will let you take the cashback bonus before you have completely depleted your deposit.
- Free Spins | Online casinos may give you free spins as part of a deposit offer or a no deposit offer. Either way, once the free spins are added, you will be able to play them without using your casino balance. However, the winnings you make while playing with free spins are added to your balance.
Frequently asked questions about online casinos
Are online casinos safe?
Yes. Playing at online casinos is safe as long as you stick to playing at reputable casinos. Online casinos should be licensed by respected gambling authorities or they should have stellar reputations in the online gaming community.
Are online casino games rigged?
Not if you are playing at a regulated online casino. Regulated casinos are monitored by the organizations that regulate them and by independent testing labs. These organisations frequently audit the games to verify that they are fair.
How will I know if an online casino is licensed?
It’s customary for licensed online casinos to display their licences on their websites – usually at the bottom of the homepage. If you don’t see a licence badge or disclaimer, you can ask customer support for details of the licence.
It’s important to cross-reference the licence with the licensing authority since there are scam casino sites that display fake licences.
Can I win real money at online casinos without depositing?
Yes. Many online casinos award players with free bets or no deposit bonuses. They do this to attract new players and retain their existing players. You can claim a no deposit bonus without depositing.
To protect themselves against bonus abuse, most casinos will place wagering requirements on no deposit bonuses or limit the maximum withdrawal amount on your winnings.
Where can I find new online casinos?
We keep a list of the newest online casinos. Our new online casino list is continuously updated. You can check it regularly to find new online casinos.
Do all online casinos have live dealer games?
No. Some online casinos offer all types of games, including live casino games. Other casinos specialise in specific genres such as live casino games, slots, table games, or betting.
Can I play online casino games on my phone?
Yes! Most online casinos are fully optimised for mobile devices including smartphones and tablets. You don’t need to create a separate profile to play on your smartphone. You also won’t need to download any special software or applications in most cases.
You can open the casino in your mobile browser the same way you would on a desktop PC, register or log in, and start playing.
Should new online casino players start with slots or table games?
That depends. There are pros and cons for new players on both slots and table games. Slots don’t require any strategy so they are great for beginners. Many table games don’t require much strategy either. Some players enjoy tables without using any strategies at all.
Table games may allow you to stretch your bankroll and play for longer. It boils down to the nature of casino games: you never know what might happen. The best solution is to play games that you enjoy.
How We Select Online Casino Sites
We mentioned earlier that we test all the casinos we review. When we say ‘Test,’ we mean thorough, rigorous testing.
Our analysis begins from the moment we land on the casino’s site, and sometimes even before that. We examine every aspect of an online casino – starting with registration through to withdrawals.
Our 10-Step Casino Evaluation Process goes like this:
Background & Safety Check
We research a casino extensively to find out what other players are saying about the site. Do they have positive or negative comments and what issues did they experience?
We validate the authenticity of all gambling licences and confirm the reliability of testing agencies.
Security & Software
Online privacy is a top priority. We only recommend casinos that have a proven track record of keeping players’ details safe. Casinos that employ reliable software and the latest security technologies get the nod from us.
The outcomes of the games must be determined by random number generators (RNGs) to ensure that the games are fair and the results are random.
Banking & Payment Methods
A casino must support secure, reliable payment methods that are accessible in Canada. We favour online casinos that accept CAD currency since some payment methods charge fees for currency conversions.
More than 80% of payment transactions in Canada are completed online, which means we’re pretty well versed in digital payment technology.
Even so, there are certain payment methods that we prefer. We like to see a combination of these payment methods at online casinos:
- Card payments: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Transfers: Bank Trasnfers, Interac, Interac e-Transfer, InstaDebit, iDebit, Trustly and MuchBetter.
- Digital wallets: PayPal, Apple Pay, Neteller, Skrill, Google Pay and ecoPayz.
- Mobile payments: Pay by phone, Boku, and Payforit.
- Prepaid methods: Paysafecard, Visa prepaid, CashtoCode, and ecoVouchers.
- Crypto gateways: CoinsPaid, BitPay, BitcoinPay, and CoinGate.
- Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum.
- No Registration/Verification methods: Pay N Play.
The withdrawal process should be clearly defined in the online casino’s terms and conditions. We want to know where our money is every step of the way.
Money should reflect in players’ accounts within the stipulated time, and the timeframe should be within the industry standard for any method of payment.
We test all the customer support channels offered by the casino: live chat, phone, email, and document upload functionality. The turnaround times on emails should be no longer than 24 hours.
Live chat and phone support staff should be knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. Chat response waiting times must be short and sweet. Casinos that provide 24/7 live chat get bonus points from us.
We want to see games from the best providers in the world. That includes big names as well as innovative, up-and-coming game developers. An assortment of different types of games should be offered, including new releases and older titles.
Online casinos are notorious for offering huge welcome bonuses to entice players. But, when it comes to bonuses, it’s the fine print that counts.
We examine the terms with a fine-tooth comb and judge the bonuses based on their wagering requirements, maximum payout restrictions, game contributions, and time limits.
The number of devices that an online casino is compatible with has a direct influence on our rating. We’re in the 21s century and we prefer casinos to respect that fact. Gone are the days when gambling sites could rope us in with a flashy design and never-ending lag.
We want responsive sites that adapt to all devices, regardless of the operating system. Online casinos should make every effort to let us play on computers, mobile devices, and smartphones that run iOS and Android. We should be able to log in on any device using the same profile and pick up where we left off.
Heck, we’re just waiting for them to let us play from our smartwatches. What’s the holdup?
Navigation and User Experience
Perusing around an online casino site should be effortless. The navigation buttons should be reactive and easy to find. The games must be sorted into relevant categories and there should be a filter that lets you organize games according to their title or provider.
A hassle-free registration process that doesn’t require us jumping through loops is always appreciated.
Promotions & Loyalty Clubs
A great casino experience shouldn’t end there. Online casinos should deliver a constant stream of exciting promotions that create loyal players. We want regular deposit offers, world-class loyalty programs, and gamified points. That’s not too much to ask, is it?
If an online casino makes it this far, it deserves a fair review and, possibly, a spot on our esteemed toplist.
But that’s not all.
We regularly check up on all the casinos that make it onto our site – even the legendary ones. That’s how we keep our lists relevant and our reviews up-to-date.
Real Money Canadian Casino Sites
On this site, we only promote online casinos that payout real cash. We don’t pay for ‘play for fun’ casino games here.
You’ll find the best real money casino games at the casinos on our lists.
Since you’ll be playing for real money and real winnings, you’ll want to be sure that you play at safe casinos. That’s precisely why we recommend the casinos on our toplists.
Licence and Regulation
Gambling has been legal in Canada since 1985. Despite that, the Government of Canada has yet to make any real progress in regulating the online casino industry. Currently, Canadians can’t operate online casinos that cater to Canadian players because the government doesn’t issue online casino licences.
It’s a real shame since we are losing out on millions of dollars of revenue that would boost the economy and could be invested in infrastructure, charities, and development. Legalising online casinos in Canada would also create some pretty cool jobs.
Nevertheless, for now, we can only play real money online casino games at offshore online casinos.
The good news is:
- In Canada, the winnings we make at online casinos aren’t taxed.
- There are plenty of amazing international casinos that accept Canadian players.
- Most offshore casinos that accept players from Canada let us play in CAD.
- These casinos support many of our favourite banking methods.
Since Canada doesn’t offer licences, we need to be familiar with the various international licensing authorities that protect us when we gamble online. Many licensing authorities exist but some are more respected than others.
The most trusted licences to look out for at online casinos are those issued by these globally recognized gambling authorities:
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC)
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA)
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC)
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
Even though the Kahnawake Mohawk Territory is situated in Quebec, it is anonymous from the rest of the country and operates under separate laws. The Kahnawake Gaming Commission has been issuing online gambling licences since 1999.
CanadaCasinos.Live is a group of enthusiastic online casino players. We strive to know everything there is to know about online gambling. If there’s a new game being developed or a new law being passed, you can be sure that we have our fingers on the pulse. Our objective is to facilitate positive online casino experiences by providing players with the tools they need to play safely. This way, online gambling can be fun. We hope you enjoy playing at the best online casinos as much as we do!