The Best Mobile Casinos in Canada Listed
||Casumo Casino Canada Read Review||100% match deposit up to CA$300 + 20 free spins||To the Casino|
||ComeOn Casino Read Review||100% up to $1,500||To the Casino|
||Wildz Casino Read Review||20 No deposit free spins | 100% Match up to $500 + 200 free spins||To the Casino|
||Ultra Casino Read Review||No||To the Casino|
||888 Casino Read Review||Welcome Bonus + Premium Welcome Bonus||To the Casino|
||Betway Read Review||100% Match bonus up to $250||To the Casino|
||Bethard Read Review||100% Bonus up to $200 plus up to 250 Free Spins||To the Casino|
Introduction To Canada’s Top Mobile Casinos
Canadian mobile casinos are online gambling sites that you can play from your tablet or smartphone, no matter where you are. These casinos let you kick back and play your favourite games in the comfort of your home or waiting in the coffee queue.
With your cell phone or tablet, you can scratch that gambling itch anywhere and anytime. But first, you need to find the top mobile-optimised casinos to play at. That’s where we come in. We find and rank the best sites for you, based on a strict list of elements, including:
- Regulations – we check every site to ensure it holds relevant licences, like those from the Malta Gaming Authority and Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
- Security – we carefully investigate each casino’s security measures. We check Random Number Generators, SSL encryption and firewalls.
- Reputation – you want to play at a casino you can trust with your money, and one with a positive image. That’s why we take other players’ experiences into account when conducting our in-depth reviews.
- Games – a good mobile casino will allow you to enjoy a wide variety of games on the move. Not all casinos offer their full suite of games on mobile devices, but we check out the various categories and options that you can play wherever you are.
- User experience – we check for native apps and HTML5 technology and ensure the casinos are compatible with iOS and Android devices, at the very least.
- Bonuses and promotions – a decent smartphone casino is one that offers various ways to boost your bankroll and easily clear the wagering requirements.
- Loyalty programme – to rank highly on our top list, a site must have a loyalty programme for regular players, along with a VIP club for high rollers.
- Customer service – we find and rank casinos based on customer service, the conduct of the agents, the communication channels and the team’s availability.
Ready to start playing at Canadian mobile casinos? Let’s discuss what you need to get going.
Minimum Specs Needed To Play On The Go
Your on-the-go gambling experience depends on the type of device you’re using and its operating system.
For instance, if you have an Android or iOS device, you’ll realise that pretty much every mobile casino worth its weight has an app you can download. Blackberry and Windows users, though, are better off accessing the HTML5 version of the platform via their device’s browser.
Having a decently sized screen with a high resolution can improve your smartphone casino experience dramatically.
Importantly, you’ll want to make sure that you have a steady and secure 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi internet connection.
If you’re planning on using your data to play, it’s a good idea to take advantage of the multitude of data packages available to Canadian mobile users.
What’s The Point Of Playing At Canadian Mobile Casinos?
If you can sit at your Mac or desktop computer, what’s the point of accessing casinos on your tablet, laptop or cell phone? There are plenty of reasons!
- Convenience – ever been stuck waiting for an appointment, sitting in traffic or having a cup of coffee with nothing to do? Just pick up your device and play a few games to pass the time. Who knows, you might even score a quick and easy win.
- Discretion – when you’re on your phone, nobody can see if you’re reading the news or playing the best online casino games.
- Fun – if you love casino games, there’s no better way to enjoy slots and other games than on your mobile device. The latest mobile compatibility and cutting edge user interfaces make for a slick experience.
- Variety – all the same games you play on your desktop, like slots, roulette, blackjack and video poker can be accessed on your mobile phone.
Some casino games have specifically been created for mobile players. So, they work perfectly in a landscape orientation with simpler and larger buttons for thumbs, making sure you don’t accidentally miss-click on the wrong bet.
There are some titles and older live games, table games and card games, though, that don’t have this modern optimisation, making it difficult to make bets or change settings. We suggest looking for mini or touch variants to ensure optimal mobile gameplay.
Ultra-Secure Safety Measures At Cell Phone Casinos
There are a few things that come into play when considering whether or not Canadian mobile casinos are safe.
Firstly, the site should be licensed and legal, with recognition from a trusted gaming authority. The Canadian government recognises licences issued by other entities, such as:
- Curaçao Gaming Control Board
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
Next, a trustworthy mobile gaming platform uses 128-bit SSL encryption technology to safeguard your financial and personal information.
Finally, reliable casinos use random number generators (RNGs) to ensure provably fair and random game results. You’ll find this type of information in the site’s terms and conditions. Most operators further reference auditing bodies that monitor and regulate the site for fair and responsible gambling.
Apps Vs. Optimised – Which One Works For You?
Should you download a casino’s application or simply play through your browser? It depends on you – and of course what the casino has to offer.
Some mobile casinos go the route of offering an app. You need to download the casino’s software to your mobile device and remember to regularly update it. You can download apps for mobile casinos from the App Store, Google Play or sometimes directly from the casino’s site via a link or requesting that an email be sent to your mobile device. Once you’ve installed the app, you can log in and start playing.
The alternative for playing at mobile casinos in Canada is through mobile-optimised sites. These browser-driven casinos can simply be accessed through your device’s web browser. It’s a good idea to use the latest web browser version to play on the site.
Take a careful look at the casino before you download an app or sign up. Canadian online casinos with apps generally offer a smaller number of games than their desktop counterparts. For instance, if a platform offers 500 slots, you may only find 100 on the mobile app. What’s more, apps don’t often have Live Casino games or table games like baccarat, for example.
Important to note, mobile apps may prevent you from conducting some transactions. They may not have the function to fund your casino account or make changes to your account should you need to.
On the other hand, browser-driven mobile casinos offer you full access to the platform, with full functionality to deposit, cash out, claim bonuses, contact customer support and make changes to your account. You’ll find all the same games you’d find on the casino’s laptop or PC platform.
How To Install A Mobile Casino App On Your Device
If you’ve downloaded apps to your cell phone or tablet before, there’s no difference when it comes to downloading Canadian mobile casino apps. It depends, of course, on the type of device you have and whether you have access to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
All you need to do is head to the relevant store, search for the mobile casino and download the app. We recommend being connected to Wi-Fi for these downloads to avoid any charges going over your current data plan.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mobile Casinos
How do I open an account at Canadian mobile casinos?
Go to your preferred mobile casino site and register via the website or download the casino’s app, then register the same way you would on the desktop version.
How do I download a mobile casino app?
If the casino you like has an app, you’ll likely find it on the casino’s website or in the official iOS or Android app store.
Is it safe to play at mobile casinos in Canada?
Yes, the sites we recommend are safe and trusted, regulated and audited for provably fair and secure gaming on the go.
Can I use the same account on my mobile device and the computer?
Yes, you just need one casino account per operator to start playing.
Can I use my phone to make mobile payments at mobile casino sites?
Yes, most mobile casinos allow you to make payments using your phone or tablet. While not all the payment options may be available on mobile platforms, there should still be a mix of pay by phone, credit card and e-wallet payment methods.
Do I still need to verify my account at a mobile casino?
Yes, in most provinces you must be 19 years or older to gamble online. In some provinces, the legal gambling age is 18. For this reason, casinos ask for verification documents.
Can I use cryptocurrencies at mobile casinos?
Yes, if the casino accepts crypto, you can take full advantage of secure and fast transactions on the go.
Can I claim bonuses on the go?
Yes, some mobile casinos even have exclusive offers for signing up from your mobile device or downloading the casino’s app.
Creating An Online Casino Account On Mobile
Signing up at mobile casinos in Canada is incredibly easy, just with slight variations between different operators. They’ll usually require the same personal information, though, like your name, address, email address and date of birth.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Choose a mobile platform from the top list on this page.
- Head over to the site in your device’s browser or, if applicable, download the casino’s app to your device.
- Locate the Register/Join/Sign Up button.
- Enter the required personal information.
- Create a username and password.
- Make a deposit and claim any bonuses on offer.
Depending on the online casino you choose to play at, you may need to check your email for a verification link to confirm your details. Others may require you to send through some documentation to prove your age, identity and proof of address.
Mobile Casino Games Are A Tap Away
Some of the best portable casinos allow you to create an account and try out the games for free. It’s always a great idea to try a demo of a game before wagering real money, just to get a taste of what’s on offer and whether or not it’s for you.
Most mobile casinos will want you to at least register and verify an account before you can try the games for free. It’s part of the rules and regulations for protecting minors from the dangers of addictive gambling.
That aside, one of the most important elements when choosing a portable online casino is the games on offer. It’s not about the number of games, though, but rather the quality and the online gambling experience provided by the software developers and operators. It’s a good idea to pick a site that has a good balance of casino software providers, games and functionality. Without games that play out seamlessly on smaller screens and render quality audio, there’s no point in having thousands of choices.
Below, we look at the types of games you can play at top Canadian mobile casinos.
Fast, Immersive Slot Action
Slots are usually the most popular category at online casinos. They give you the chance to wager small amounts and still have fun with thematic games and the chance of scooping a decent win. Jackpot slots, especially, offer players the opportunity to play for progressive jackpots that could change their life in an instant.
Popular titles you’ll find on mobile platforms include Book of Dead, Mega Moolah, Age of Pirates, Book of Anunnaki and Primal Hunt.
Modern titles are designed for mobile play right out the gate, which means you never have to miss out on spinning the reels when you feel like a bit of fun.
Dicey Games And Terrific Tables
Classic dice and table games are popular amongst casual players and high rollers alike. Games like blackjack, poker, roulette and baccarat are games of both luck and skill, which is why they’re favoured by established players who love to put strategies to the test.
Besides a multitude of versions of these games, some mobile casinos also offer Live Casino games on the go, complete with beautiful dealers and the most exciting gambling experience you can have on your device. Live games offer up a richer experience, but they also eat bandwidth and data, so make sure you have a solid internet connection before you play these games on your smartphone or tablet.
Bingo! There’s Always Something For You
Other types of games offered by Canadian casinos are scratch cards, bingo, keno, tournaments and Drops & Wins. All of these games are quick, fun and easy to play anywhere, whenever you get the whim to log in and try your luck.
Bag A Bonus On The Move
Bonuses are another important factor we look for when reviewing online casinos for Canadians. There’s always some sort of promotion to help boost your bankroll and stretch your gameplay, and the good news is that it’s no different at Canadian mobile casinos.
Bonus Offers At Canada Casinos
|Bonus||Who’s It For?|
|Welcome Bonus||This one is for new players. Casinos offer a match deposit bonus on your first deposit, provided you make a qualifying deposit and meet the wagering requirements.|
|No Deposit Bonus||Also for new players, you don’t need to make an initial deposit. Simply sign up and verify your account to claim the offer.|
|Free Spins||Free spins are usually given in bundles to be played on specific slots and within a strict timeframe. Free spins may also be attached to the welcome bonus.|
|Cashback||A bonus for existing players whereby the casino gives you back a percentage of your deposit when you’ve lost it.|
|Mobile Bonus||Some mobile casinos offer exclusive bonuses and rewards for players who sign up and play via the mobile app or mobile platform.|
The Best Mobile Payment Options For Canadian Players
Whenever you choose a gambling platform to play on, you want to make sure that the payment options are trustworthy and secure. While Canadians aren’t able to make PayPal payments at online casinos, there are plenty of convenient and safe options, including:
- Prepaid cards – a super safe way to make deposits, but not available for withdrawals.
- Credit and debit cards – available in all the top Canadian mobile casinos.
- Bank transfer – takes longer than other options but is reliable and secure.
- eWallets – secure, speedy and can be used for both deposits and withdrawals.
- eCheque – a fast option, but not widely accepted at online casino sites.
The available payment methods will differ from one portable casino site to another, but usually, you’ll find a mixture of e-wallets, debit and credit card and prepaid card payments. While deposits are almost always free and instant, withdrawal times depend on the chosen payment method and the casino, with e-wallets being the fastest option.
Canadian players tend to favour Neteller for casino transfers. It’s a simple and easy to use e-wallet that keeps your data and funds secure.
What About Mobile Payment Options?
One of the best things about mobile casinos in Canada is convenience, and that goes for payment methods, too. There are some mobile sites that provide additional options for deposits, making it easier than ever for you to fund your account on the go. Here’s a rundown of some of the options you may find:
- Pay by Phone Bill – if your cell phone provider allows, you can deposit funds into your casino account using your phone number. Those funds are then charged to your phone bill at the end of the month or taken off your pay-as-you-go balance.
- Google Pay – this is a top option for in-app purchases and some online casinos let you fund your account with Google Pay. The funds are transferred immediately, using whichever fund source you set up for your Google Pay account.
- Boku – a mobile phone payment platform where you can fund your casino account and have your cell phone charged for the transaction. Boku supports more than 170 cell phone providers. Canadian mobile casino players can signup for this option at the Boku site and deposit real money at their favourite mobile casinos.
- Apple Pay – some mobile casinos have apps available through the Apple Store, and as such may allow you to deposit into your casino account with Apple Pay, the same way you’d make purchases through your iPad or iPhone.
There’s Always Help At Hand – In The Palms Of Your Hands
You wouldn’t want to be left high and dry if you have a question or encounter a problem, which is why we ensure that the mobile casinos on our top list all have excellent customer support at the tap of a button.
One of the biggest issues for Canadian players is that many support agents are located in different time zones, so it’s essential that the casino you decide to play at operates a 24-hour service.
Common ways to get in touch with a customer support team are through email, on the phone or via live chat. Which option you choose will likely depend on the nature of your query. For urgent queries, live chat is always best. It’s free and at your fingertips, and is usually open 24/7. Email responses tend to take a little longer, while a phone call is perfect if you want to speak to someone, usually during operating hours.
All of these contact methods are easily accessible and easy to use on your mobile device.
Charge Up And Get Going!
Mobile casinos have undergone massive changes in the last few years, from a couple of games to hundreds of fun options. From SMS and QR downloads to HTML5 browser technology. The games are top-class and include Live Casino games, making sure you get that interactive experience anywhere you are.
Whether you’re into daily gambling or fancy a little flutter while you wait, mobile casinos make playing your favourite games, claiming bonuses and withdrawing your winnings a breeze. All you need to do is charge your device and pick a site.
That done, here are a few tips to help you make the most of your on-the-go gambling experience:
- Test orientations – turn your phone into landscape mode when looking at a casino’s app or web platform. See how the layout responds and make sure you can sift between games without having to go to a lot of effort.
- Change settings – if you’re able to change the data download settings on your device, we suggest changing it to only download when you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
- Set limits – set wagering limits when you sign up at mobile casinos to help you stay in control of your budget and prevent you from accidentally making bigger bets than you intend to.
- Plug in – if your battery is getting low, plug in your device and avoid being disconnected in the middle of an exciting game.